Sunday, January 10, 2010

1st retarded moment of 2010

I just had to share my 1st retarded moment of 2010 as I am sure there will be many more to come. The other day my mother in law called asking if there was any way we could babysit as my nieces were sick & could not go to daycare. We gladly told her yes & I decided that I would just throw something together for dinner to take out with us so that my mother in law would not have to cook when she got home. I quickly threw together a pan of lasagna & sent Kip to the store for some garlic bread. When I was cooking it later that night I was getting so frustrated that the cheese was not melting, I just assumed that I had frozen the cheese one to many times & told them all to deal with it & eat. Shortly into eating Kip & my father in law discovered that in fact I had not put cheese on the lasagna but had instead used shredded hashbrowns ( I tried to play it off as casserole) they were all so sweet & ate the stuff, which I thought was horrible. Yeah, if thats how 2010 is going to get started who knows what the rest of the year will bring.

6 comments:

Raymond and Nicole said...

Oh you are so very special!! But that's why we love you!! Loved all the updates and I love your kitchen and bathroom remodels as well!!

marshfam said...

That is so funny!! You are cute

Robert said...

That was very funny. Sounds like something I would do.

Anonymous said...

Hey there. I'm absolutely loving your blog, I just stumbled across it. I will definitely be following!

Feel free to check out mine, I think you'd especially enjoy it.

www.theboyfriendshopper.blogspot.com

Heather said...

LOL! I am glad I"m not the only person out there that makes mistakes like this! This will be a fun memory I am sure you will remember for a long time...especially everytime you use hashbrowns :)

Kellie said...

That is great Jess!! :) I'd totally do something like that. The Easter shortly after I got married I decided to cook Easter dinner with the ham and all. I came back from somewhere and find out I'd left the plastic wrapping on it. Needless to say, we had a stinky apartment and burnt offerings. LOL! I miss you tons! We really need to do lunch or something.