Thursday, April 16, 2009

Day 1: GeTtInG oN ThE ShIp

With our luggage in tow, we hopped in an over-crowded van and were off to the Port of Miami. The check in process was very smooth and we were quickly on the ship.  Right away we started stuffing ourselves.  After a great lunch we started exploring and made our way to our stateroom.  Then we went to the top deck to watch our departure into the wide open seas.


We must not forget the mandatory boat drill for all guests. You had to go down to your stateroom, get your lifejackets, and proceed to your assigned muster station. There you had to stand with a thousand other people listening to what should happen in the case of an emergency.  Now come on, in case of an emergency I will not be standing around waiting for everyone to show up, every man for himself and I am gone!!!!

4 comments:

Kellie said...

Glad to see that you and Kip were fully prepared for an emergency! :) Gotta love that, huh!?!

shantel said...

hey there kip should have one of those on all the time maybe he would stop trying to bite his ear. hehe just kidding to much fun

Lindsay Phenes said...

What beautiful pictures! I'm excited to see the rest of your trip in full color! That's exactly where I would lead myself first - to the food! You're lookin pretty hot in your life jacket :) Aren't those fun?

marshfam said...

Wow, look at that water, I am so jealous!! I'm glad you two had a great time.